To perform a range of respiratory and sleep investigations, contributing to the diagnosis and treatment of these patients.
Assist in the provision of the physiologist led sleep-disordered breathing clinics, identifying response to CPAP and titrating therapeutic levels
To have some knowledge of highly complex respiratory / sleep investigations and be willing to develop skills in these areas, including providing a full technical analysis and report of results for medical staff
• Understand and perform a range of basic, but non-routine, to complex respiratory investigations, including providing a full technical analysis and report of results for medical staff, contributing to the diagnosis and treatment of these patients.
• Make judgements on the severity of results, ensuring medical staff are informed immediately of any life-threatening or urgent investigation results.
Ensure that all the correct procedures for dealing with urgent and non-urgent results are adhered to.
• Participate as a member of the resuscitation team if required when an emergency occurs in the department
• Ensure patients are aware of the procedure following any investigations, giving support and reassurance if required.
• Assist with the coordination of department audit, research and pilot projects as required.
• Evaluate Respiratory equipment and advise medical and another staff on its suitability and use.
2) Performance and Review
• Assist with the ongoing design and development of the department information systems.
• Responsible for the entry of patient records and reports on to the department database.
• Assist with the implementation of new policies within the ARTP or other professional guidelines.
• Assist in the tender process for technical equipment as required
• Assist with the e-procurement ordering for the respiratory service ensuring all orders are placed in a timely manner, and options for best value are observed.
• Assist with equipment maintenance contract updates for the service
3) Clinical Governance/Quality
• Support the achievement of quality project
• Participate in individual performance review
• Assist in the training of Doctors and other staff in the performance and interpretation of pulmonary function testing and sleep investigations to ensure that standards of practice are maintained and improved.
• To participate in MDT meetings such as the respiratory education MDT or the ILD MDT.
4) Staff Management
• Assist with the management of the day to day work of the department